macOS Sierra Is Three Months Old And DisplayLink Support Is Still Broken


Now I might be a bit of an edge case here, but I use DisplayLink docks for connectivity across my various offices and work locations, allowing me to go from portable to full triple display, desktop keyboard / mouse and wired connectivity with the plug of one cable.

DisplayLink has pretty much universal support, with drivers available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. So whatever device you are using you can go from mobile to desktop easily.

Up until September anyway, because the macOS Sierra update broke DisplayLink functionality, with screen corruption and performance issues.

Three months down the road and there's still no fix available. Not the end of the world, as my MBA is third choice machine after my two Windows 10 PCs, but still frustrating for those days when the MBA's form factor would work best for me.

More and more I'm finding that 'It Just Works' is a slogan that exists just to contrast how badly it doesn't just work. For a company like Apple that built its reputation on ease of use and reliability it's a shoddy state of affairs. 

0 comments: