Sonos Adds Groove Support

 
I have to say I'm not entirely sold on Wi-Fi based whole home streaming audio solutions like Sonos, or Airplay. It isn't something that really fits with the way that I consume music. That is, I'm generally in the same room where it's playing, so streaming via Bluetooth works a treat.
 
The sound quality may be better on Wi-Fi streaming solutions but my hearing isn't acute enough to tell the difference.
 
However, if your audio demands are greater and Sonos is your choice of home audio you've just picked up another choice of music service. Sonos and Microsoft have enabled Groove streaming through the media system.
 
As a Groove subscriber I'm pleased that Microsoft appears to be putting more weight behind the service than it did with previous iterations (Xbox Music and Zune Music) even if it isn't something I'll personally get to benefit from.

0 comments: