The iPhone 4S Mess

It's hard to label a phone that's sold so well a dud, but my iPhone 4S has been so incredibly poor recently that I find it hard to call it anything else.

It's a shame because up until three weeks ago things had been going fine. Then one afternoon it decided to go into meltdown - literally. I felt a burning sensation on my leg and when I pulled the phone from my pocket it was red hot and impossible to hold. I powered it down completely and once it had cooled later that evening restarted it. All seemed fine. Then the battery discharged from full to empty over the course of six hours one night - causing me to miss an alarm.

Having been an iOS 5.01 hold out up until that point I was forced to comply and things have gone downhill steadily since. Battery life? Gone to pot. Network connectivity? Poor. Internet access? Completely goosed - the browser will refuse to load certain websites and tells me that there's no connectivity; the App Store is inaccessible and Spotify spends half it's time thinking its offline.

Apple: it just works? No it doesn't it's not even close. Fix the 4S now.

0 comments: