Blackberry Bold 9900

I've yet to be convinced by the Blackberry platform, neither the software nor hardware ever matched my expectations of what a smart mobile tool should aspire to.

Nonetheless there has been the occasional handset that RIM have managed to get to market which has impressed in some form or another.

Having had my first hands-on with the Bold 9900 I can say that it's certainly one of those handsets that has piqued my interest. Version 7 of the RIM OS seems infinitely more usable than what has preceded it and this looks like something of a recovery for the Canadian firm.

The question that springs to mind is whether RIM has left its recovery too late? With Apple and Google ploughing through its market share and Microsoft about to plunge significant amounts of marketing dollar into making it's new WP7.5 a success, RIM has some difficult times ahead, irrespective of the quality of the products.

0 comments: